Combining characteristics of artistic and production processes, a design process is a structured, repeatable approach to delivering design solutions in alignment to the objectives and constraints of your organisation. Due to the wide scope and organisation context of design it has many formats.
A design manager builds and adjusts design processes, aligns them to the rest of the internal and external organisation and runs them effectively and efficiently. Some of the topics covered in this module include:
- Why does the business need a design process and why is it so important to manage it professionally?
- What are the key dimensions of a design process?
- How can you build & adjust a design process within the context of an organisation?
- How do you align your design process with the rest of the organisation so that design has maximum impact?
- How can you keep your less structured designers on track?