Design languages are used to build brand recognition by applying design assets coherently and consistently. This is not only relevant for consumer-driven organisations but also for business-to-business organisations.
Born out of a brand strategy, a design manager applies, maintains and refreshes design languages. When doing so, they build brand equity for the business but also efficiencies in development time and costs. Some of the topics covered in this module include:
- Why do organisations invest a lot of time and resources to build and maintain strong brands?
- How should you distil a design language from a brand and apply, maintain and refresh it?
- What are the elements of a design language to manage over time?
- What value does a well-managed design language deliver to your brand?
- How can a design language help to facilitate objective assessment of design work?